Hardkorr 100cm Tri-Colour LED Light Bar with Diffuser
Hardkorr's 100cm orange & white LED camp light bar provides 180 degrees of extra-bright illumination for larger areas such as under awnings or gazebos. It is also handy for lighting up tailgates, large canopies, and sheds.
Many 4×4 enthusiasts have also discovered how useful these lights can be in canopies, tailgates, and toolboxes. Hardkorr now supplies these lights to some of the biggest names in 4×4 customization as well as thousands of DIYers every year.
Our 100cm orange/white LED camping light bar kit provides extra bright illumination for open areas such as under awnings or gazebos. It is also handy for illuminating tailgates, larger canopies, and even garden sheds or home workshops.
This kit also includes accessories for pole mounting, powering, dimming, and changing the color of the light.
- NEW Tri-colour dimmers: allows you to select between cool white, warm white and orange light at the touch of a button
- Thicker bar profile for added strength and improved appearance
- Multiple light bar mounting options:
- Inbuilt magnets for attachment to most metal surfaces
- Removable pole clips (sold separately) for easy attachment to non-magnetic tent poles
- Removable diffusers for a wider angle, the softer light beam
- Removable end caps make flush mount applications look even better by hiding the join between the cable and the bar end
- Reinforced grommets to prevent wire breakage at light bar ends
- IP68 waterproof rating means the lights are completely watertight (in fact they will run underwater)
- Waterproof locking DC connectors on all cables
- Heavy-duty, double insulated cables to prevent voltage drop, which results in brighter bars
- Minimal heat output, unlike gas lamps
- Low power consumption – can be left on all night without affecting your battery
How does orange light reduce bug presence?
Some bugs, like mosquitos and moths, can’t help but move their body towards any light source they can see. This phenomenon is called positive phototaxis. Entomologists still don’t have a complete understanding of why this phenomenon exists, but it is clearly observable in nature.
Of course, bugs will only be attracted to light they can see, and there is a useful difference between the spectra of light that are visible to humans compared to bugs. Humans can generally see light that has a wavelength between 380nm (blue) and 740nm (red). Most bugs, conversely, can see light with a wavelength between 300nm and 600nm.
The wavelength of our orange LEDs is 610nm, putting them outside of the spectrum visible to must bugs, but still well inside the boundaries of human vision. As a result, most bugs will not congregate around our orange light because they simply don’t know it is there.
|Materials||6063 aluminum alloy housing
UV-resistant epoxy resin filling
|LED type||Genuine OSRAM® SMD5050|
|Max. output||1,300 lumens (white setting)|
|Ingress Protection||IP68 (excl. dimmer)|
|Beam Angle||180 degrees|
|Current Draw||1.2A @ 12V|
|Dimensions (cross-section)||Width: 18.8mm (bar), 22.1mm (end caps)
Height: 15mm (with diffuser), 11.1mm (no diffuser), 16.9mm (end caps)
|LED Lifespan||50,000+ hours|
|Certifications||CE, RoHS, C-Tick|
|1x||100cm LED camp light bar with orange & white LEDs|
|2x||Removable end caps|
|1x||Tri-color dimmer switch|
|4x||Removable pole clips to suit light bar & dimmer switch|
|1x||3m power lead with cigarette/merit plug|
|1x||3m 4-pin DC extension lead (orange plugs)|